I recently purchased a children’s teepee to create a reading nook for my son. To make it super cosy, I needed a floor pillow but they are quite expensive to buy so I set about making my own and it was super easy, with no sewing required!
This cushion can be made in any size or shape and in addition to being a great teepee floor cushion, it would also make a great cushion for newborn snuggles, cosy family film nights, a cat or dog bed or even for camping. It’s so comfortable, took less than two hours to make and cost me less than £10 because I used stuffing from around the house.
My 10 Step ‘No Sew Floor Cushion: A How To Guide’:
The three things you’ll need:
- Two pieces of fleece (one in a print and one in a contrasting colour looks great)
- Stuffing (old pillows, wadding, old clothes…)
1.Buy two pieces of fleece, one in a print and one in a contrasting colour. For a 40″ x 40″ cushion, you’ll need around 1.2 metres of fabric.
2.Lay the fleece on the top of each other, top sides facing outwards. Cut the fabric to your desired shape and size – circular and rectangular would be easy to do too.
3. Cut a 5″ x 5″ square out of each corner.
4. Pick a side and cut 3″ strands all the way along.
5. Tie those strands into knots, making sure the knots made a neat solid line.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on two other sides.
7. Cut the strands on the final side but leave it open for now.
8. Stuff the pillow with filling! I used the fluff from three old pillows and some wadding I had hanging around. Make sure to stuff to the edges and pack it in to get your desired firmness or bounciness. If using pillows, break up the filling first so you get an even coverage.
9. Knot up the final side.
10. Tie the corner knots together to seal. Easy peasy!